Guidelines for Quality and Environmental Management Systems Auditing.
ISO 19011 is an international standard that sets forth guidelines for:
* quality management systems auditing
* environmental management systems auditing
It is developed by the International Organization for Standardization.
The standard offers four resources to organizations to "save time, effort and money":
* A clear explanation of the principles of management systems auditing.
* Guidance on the management of audit programmes.
* Guidance on the conduct of internal or external audits.
* Advice on the competence and evaluation of auditors.